PURE LONDON WINS AEO AWARDS ‘BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN’
Pure London, the premium event for progressive fashion buyers, has won the award for ‘Best Social Media Campaign’ at the AEO awards.
The in-house team designed a distinctly upbeat social media campaign for Pure London, to showcase new up-and-coming brands, all-time classics, key industry speakers, insightful seminars and must-see catwalk shows. The main objective was to grow reach and engagement across two seasons on a mix of social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Hangouts, and Snapchat.
SS17 (July 16 show) highlights included:
- Samba dancers became one of the most successful engagement tools: Pure London grew its community by 22% and the hashtag #purelondon trended on Twitter with over 7,400 posts from both visitors and exhibitors and reached over 4 million users.
- On Instagram, Pure London grew its followers by 192% and engagement increased by 328% becoming a channel for inspiration, to discover new brands, and inviting to choose their favourite song for Pure London’s custom Spotify playlist.
- On Facebook, Pure London increased its unique reach by 311% and engagement grew by 49%.
AW18 (February 17 show) highlights included:
- Pure London created its own Snapchat Geofilter for visitors and exhibitors to interact with during the event, reaching over 2 million Snapchat users and generating over 95,000 views. This also contributed to an increase in visitors each day of the shows.
- Pure London produced and live streamed the interview with fashion blogger Liberty London Girl, and shared preview videos of the British Vogue editor-in-chief Alexandra Shulman speaking.
- Pure London’s Twitter community grew by 25% and the hashtag #purelondon reached over 2 million users.
Julie Driscoll, Portfolio Director for Pure London, commented; “We are over the moon to win the prestigious AEO award for ‘Best Social Media Campaign’. Our campaign has delivered incredible results, after seeing the amount of reach gained by our social media channels and the engagement we generated from customers we deem this a valuable marketing channel for the future.”